« Home | dragon » | Library of origami parts » | My folded works (of other Origamist's creation) »

A 3-in-1 model

Lotus-Sunshine-Octagonal star model (a 3-in-1 model)


top view-the lotus flower tesselation im working on


bottom view-indirectly,the folding of lotus tesselation produces this Sunshine pattern.

look like modern Japan flag ?

lastly,the lotus petals when squashed flat and illuminated with light yield this octagonal star.this is an example for negative spaced polygon.see here for more example:http://static.flickr.com/50/105406474_1c8b37e62e_m.jpg

the square packing for lotus flaps

the Crease pattern(cp). red boxes indicate the regions which become flaps for the lotus petal.Anyone trying to fold my 1st crease pattern?=)

I really like where you are going with this design; these kinds of "negative space" folds, with radial symmetry, are some of my favorite things in origami.

We have a nice community of tessellation folders on Flickr, at http://www.flickr.com/groups/origamitessellations. Would you consider creating a Flickr account and posting your tessellation photos (especially these wonderful octagon designs) there? It's free, and it's really a great way to interact on your work with other people who are folding similar kinds of patterns.

Either way, I'm very glad I found your post on the Origami Forum! I'm going to keep an eye on your blog now, so I can keep up to date on what you're folding! :)

-Eric Gjerde

Post a Comment
Profile Map
Free 

Web Counter